From TV A-listers to YouTube personalities to someone at work, it seems that everyone is jumping on the cupping therapy bandwagon these days.
If you haven’t heard of cupping therapy yet, there’s a good chance you’ve seen someone who has. After all, those large circle-shaped marks on their bodies are kind of hard to miss. But just what in the world is cupping therapy and why is it trending?
This is a question our team at ReVive Integrative Wellness often gets asked. For starters, cupping therapy is NOT a mere fad. In fact, we’ve been talking about the benefits of cupping therapy to our clients for years.
We are experts at providing relaxation and restoration services to those who need healing. Our method of treatment incorporates evidence-based therapy, which results in immediate pain relief.
Make a reservation right away to book your appointment with us if you’re ready to start feeling better!
Let’s take a look at the benefits of cupping therapy and why it is the treatment you never knew you so much needed.
What Is Cupping Therapy?
Although cupping therapy is popular right now, it has been used as an alternative type of treatment for thousands of years. The fact that this type of therapy is still in use today is proof of how effective it is.
Cupping massage therapy involves placing suction cups ( made of glass, bamboo, earthenware, or silicone) on the skin. Unlike other types of massage that compress soft tissues, cupping massage therapy uses vacuum suction to decompress soft tissues.
Benefits of Cupping
Here are some of the benefits that cupping therapy can provide:
- Helps improve circulation: The suction from the cups improves circulation, which relieves muscle tension, promotes cell repair, and even helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Helps clean up toxins: Toxins from modern life overburden your body, making it difficult for your organs to metabolize. Cupping’s focused blood flow benefits your body by eliminating toxins through the lymphatic system.
- Helps reduce anxiety: Cupping stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system, allowing a deep relaxation to spread across your entire body.
- Helps in the treatment of asthma and congestion: Cup suction breaks up and expels congestion, including facial cupping, which can help unclog your sinuses. Cupping stimulates the flow of oxygen-rich blood and lymph toward your lungs and other respiratory muscles.
- Improves digestion by clearing intestinal obstructions: Cupping stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, resulting in increased blood flow to the digestive tract. Cupping your abdomen gently stimulates the insides of your digestive organs as well.
Book Your Cupping Therapy Appointment Today!
Cupping therapy is a wonderful experience for the majority of people. Cupping has numerous health benefits and can also be a soothing and relieving experience.
Always check with your doctor before beginning cupping or any other alternative or complementary treatment. If you have any questions, please contact one of our certified cupping therapists.
Our team of therapists at ReVive Integrative Wellness has been trained and certified in safe and effective cupping treatments. You can enjoy a cupping session alone or combine it with a therapeutic massage. Book your appointment today!